Updated: January 27, 2014
Information We Collect
Information You Provide Directly to Us
When you visit the Sites, you may provide personal information directly to us, including as follows:
- Contact information, such as name, title, postal address, telephone number, and email address
- Personal information in your résumé, and other information relevant to specific jobs for which you apply through our careers pages.
- While applying for a U.S.-based job, we also ask you to disclose your gender, race and veteran status. We are required by U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity law to ask for this information, but you have no obligation to provide it. Providing this information is strictly voluntary, and the responses you choose to provide – or your decision to provide no response – will not be considered as part of our hiring process.
- If you use an external social network (for example, your Facebook, Google+, or Linkedin account) to log in to the Sites or to interact with Sealed Air in another way, we may collect your name and other details from your social network and account. For example, on our careers pages, you can choose to use your social network account to log in or to provide us (via our service provider iCIMS) with a dynamic resume that will be automatically updated over time as you update your social network account. (You can stop any ongoing sharing of data by using your social network's account settings.)
Information Collected by Automated Means
When you visit our Sites, we and third parties may collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, Web server logs and Web beacons.
Cookies are small files that websites and email servers place and access on your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or device or to store information or settings in your device. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict, disable or delete certain cookies. Please note, however, that without certain cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites. For example, we may use certain essential cookies that are set when you enter some of our Sites to assist with navigation during your visit or when you complete certain forms. Blocking these cookies or deleting them earlier than their normal expiration date may cause problems.
Our Web servers may log information such as your device and operating system type, browser type, domain, device ID, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. The Web server logs also may record information such as the address of the Web page that referred you to our Site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
To control which Web servers place and access cookies and collect information by automated means, we may place tags on our Web pages called "Web beacons", which are small files that allow us to understand the actions of visitors to our Sites. We may use similar technology in email we send, which may enable the placing or accessing of cookies and also enable us to know if you received the email, if the email was opened and if you clicked on any links in the email.
Data about your activities on our Sites may be collected for use in providing advertising tailored to your individual interests on other websites and online services. You may choose whether to have your information collected for that purpose. We participate in advertising services administered by third parties. The ad services may track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of the automated technologies described above, and they may use this information to show you advertisements that are tailored to your individual interests and/or based on prior visits to our Sites. We and third-party vendors may use first-party cookies and third-party cookies alone or together, as well as other automated means and the data collected through such means and from other sources (i) to inform, optimize, and serve ads (invluding ads based on past visits to our Sites) and (ii) to report on our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services (including how they are related to visits to our Sites). To learn more about interest-based advertising generally, including how to opt out from some of our current ad service partners, click here for more information and opt-out instructions.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you when you visit the Sites for various purposes, including to:
- Verify your identity
- Process, evaluate, and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications
- Create, administer, and communicate with you about your accounts
- Contact you with marketing communications
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; performing market research and data analytics; determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; analyzing and customizing our products, services, Sites and communications; administering our Sites; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities)
- Process your employment application and contact you regarding possible employment
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality
Subject to applicable law, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a subpoena; (ii) in response to requests by government entities, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss; or (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (such as in connection with a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation) or take steps in anticipation of such a transaction.
If you would like to update or modify your personal information or subscription preferences, you may contact us as described in the How To Contact Us section below. On certain Sites, you may be able to make these choices directly by logging into your account. You also may unsubscribe from any of our promotional emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any promotional email you receive from us.
Depending on the data protection law of your country, you may have a legal right to obtain access to personal information we maintain about you. In addition, if you believe the personal information is inaccurate, you may have the legal right to request that we correct or amend the information. To make these requests, or to object to our processing of your personal information or withdraw consent to such processing (rights provided by the laws of certain countries), you may contact us as described in the How To Contact Us section below.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain certain administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect the security of the personal information we collect on the Sites. The security of this information is important to us, but despite our efforts, we cannot promise that that our security program will always eliminate all possible security risks. Please help do your part by protecting your username and password and by notifying us of any suspected unauthorized account activity.
Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. Those websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with us, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
How to Contact Us
(Attn: Director, Digital Marketing)
200 Riverfront Boulevard
Elmwood Park, NJ 07407